Monday 24 May 2010

One Photo Album


While I was at LB Crafts back in January I found this wooden album, (it was just plain wood, hinged front with some pages in it).
I wanted to make a special album for just one photo, a family picture when all of us get together this weekend.
So I took the album apart took the pages out and covered the back and front in the same brown dotty paper (7 Gypsies) and the inside in a duck egg blue with a swirly pattern.
Then came the fun bit deciding what to put on the front!
Small canvases, Tims fragments, a key, the no 7, a frame, sticky backed canvas, stampbord and a knob were inked and painted, stamped and distress stickled!
The edges I painted with brown acrylic.
All the little works of art mean something to someone in the family.
Now I can't wait for the weekend to get it finished with 'The Family Portrait!'

2 comments:

Sid said...

Fab idea and what a great job you have made of the front too ! So many little elements !

Angelnorth said...

What a great idea for a special photo, hope you get a lovely one for it!