Monday 10 May 2010

A Gook Luck card


I don't usually make many cards but my daughter was going for an interveiw at a Uni and was a bit nervous so I thought I make her this for luck.
The card is a 6''X6'' white card the front I covered in 7 Gypsies pink strippy paper and over stamped with a corner swirly stamp from La Blanche in pink.
The flower I made from vintage materials and lace (brought from various secondhand shops, markets etc). The base layer is handmade lace cut from a large table covering, other layers are made up from old silk, netting and ribbons. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th layers are cut into flower shapes (I just used a 6 petal hand drawn template) from the silk and netting and then these 5 layers are sewn together.
(I got the idea from a flower brooch on Roben-Marie Smiths blog Every Life Has a Story (sorry don't know how to do a link) called Shabby flower).
I changed the middle to just the ribbons and added an old button from my Nans button tin.
On the back I added a brooch back and attached it to the card with a glue dot.
I was really happy with it and by using silk and netting it was light and very fluffy and sat well on even the lightest of tops.
It did bring her luck! My daughter got her Uni place!

4 comments:

Sid said...

Nice to see you posting again, great stuff too !!

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty, great use of vintage bits and bobs! Hope her interview went well!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lynn, great to see you posting again. Love the flower, hope your daughter's interview went well xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Pretty card and hoping it did indeed bring her luck x