Tuesday 12 April 2011

An Angel and A Tale of Woe!

I know it's only Tuesday and I am showing a photo of my desk (but it is not the desk I am going to tell you about, but the box on the right) As you can see I have a box of metal flakes on my desk which is where my tale of woe starts. Yesterday afternoon I took the box out of drawer and placed on my desk as I was waiting for the glue to go tacky on the tag (the one on the top of the pile) I was making, I opened the box, with the tag in my hand I was about to place it in the box to cover the tacky area and.......................I knocked the WHOLE box off the desk, hitting my lap before it landed upside down on the floor! After the big cloud of flakes had settled and I could see again, I found there was I a big pile of metal flakes in my lap. And I'm thinking how on earth am I going to get all that back in the box (which I couldn't reach without leaning into the huge pile on my lap?) Well I won't bore you with all the details but it did take quite a while! Most of it is now safely back in the box but I think I shall be finding it for evermore!!! So just a word of warning for those of you who like me work in the smallest space possible, CLEAR SOME SPACE before you use metal flakes or embossing powder or pearl-ex or water! Oh yes I had done it all and have I learnt my lesson, probably not!!! Here is the Angel part. The background is a 4x6 board, gessoed, painted and spritzed then stamped (La Blanche) in black archival. The angel is a photo my other half took, just printed on paper (I applied some matt medium over it so it didn't smudge), the peddestal she is standing on is a stamp inked with white ink (the dewdrop ones) which I pressed into sculpty, cut out and baked. The wings are Sizzix (I fell in love with these) diecut then put through the Bigshot again in a Tim embossing folder then I rubbed over pearl dabber. So guess what I should be doing this afternoon? Tidying my desk! But I bet I get distracted as usual when I find something I haven't seen for a while oh well there's always tomorrow!!!!

4 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great art work. oops re the flakes, glad you managed to rescue them.

Angelnorth said...

Eeek, metal flakes get everywhere if you so much as breathe too hard so I can imagine the mess! Hope you managed to salvage enough to be worthwhile! The angel piece is lovely - the crackle folder looks fab on the wings!

Sid said...

What a dilemma, bet you could have done without that little problem !!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Lynn. So sorry about your metal flakes, and Yes, I have done that too!

Lucy x