Wednesday 1 October 2008



Sunday Challenge 'All Things Bright and Beautiful'

This was such a hard challenge for me. This was the hymn we sang at my Mums funeral. At first I thought 'I can't do this one.' But today I went into my craft room and made this tag.

I must say it is a lot brighter in real life!

Background is coloured with distress inks, scattered straw, spiced marmalade and firebrick. the swirls are stamped in spiced marmalade and the diamonds in firebrick. The purple strip is alcohol inks on glossy card, the 'kisses' near the top are wire and symbolise the 'butterfly kisses' we did when we were kids.

The butterfly wings are grungeboard painted with a gold dabber, glittered around the edges and bejeweled. the body is a selection of beads, the head is part of a stamp from the Queens Dresser Drawers I just had to have cos she reminded me of my Mum when she was young and I couldn't bear not to buy it! The words are stamps from PSX pixie alphabet and stamped in black archival. The colours of the ribbons were taken from the colours used on the tags and I added some pearls cos Mum always wore 'her pearls' when she went out.

No comments: