Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Same Moon


I found this on Pintrest and fell in love with it! I have a thing about the moon, it reminds me of my Mum. Unfortunately I can't find it again, I was so excited about trying to paint it that I didn't pin it so I thank whoever did this beautiful piece of art and hope you won't mind my trying to paint it for myself. I don't paint often but this inspired me to get out my Aqua tones and Prisma pencils and have a go!
I just did a quick sketch on some paper and then started with the Aqua tones just to put down a base, adding more intense colour where needed.


This is what it looked like when I had added some Prisma colour pencils over the top. It is no where near as beautiful as the original but I was pleased how it came out. I left the background blank as I knew I wanted to put it on a canvas.


And here it is finished. The canvas has been painted with black gesso, sprayed with various colours (which do not show on the photo but look pretty in real life).
If I can find the original on Pintrest at a later date I will add it to this post! 
Thank you for looking!

1 comment:

Sid said...

I think it looks fab !!