Tuesday 29 November 2011

WOYWW This Week?

For some reason I am a day out it seems, I am posting this on Wednesday 30th November!
I haven't been working on my desk this week I have been in the kitchen!
Not just making meals but felt too!
Below is my first attempt at making 'wet' felt from a kit from Crafty Notions, well the background anyway (green base, blue and lilac stripes) was made by wet felting after it was dry I added the other lines of fibres with a needle felting tool, the centre red/orange circle was made by the needle felting technique.
This was just a practice piece (approx 4x4 ins) I might add some other things to it and make a small hanging.

This is my second piece. Much larger this time (10x10 ins) made in the same way as before (background and inner circle 'wet' felted and the rest needle felted).



Thanks for popping by!


To see more desks go to Julia's place by clicking HERE and you will be transported there in an instant!




15 comments:

jude said...

Absolutely gorgeous would never think of msking felt,looks beautiful
Have fab wednesday and creative festive wqeek ahead!
hugs judex 9

Kath Stewart said...

loving your gorgeous felt creations...thanks for the crafty snoop...Happy WOYWW...hugs kath xxx (33)

Neil said...

Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing. Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time!The felting looks like a complicated process to me so never tried it.
Neil #24

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Never seen that done before but it looks brilliant, thanks for sharing x

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh they look lovely - I havent tried felting yet! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4

Anonymous said...

What a great desk and super felties I haven't done anything with felt so no idea how you do it but it looks lovely. Have a great Wednesday. Laura

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the colours on the firstpiece, great happy woyww trace x 20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have absolutely no idea what wet felting entails, but the results are fantastic. I especially like the second larger piece, it's really pleasing!
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

Unknown said...

You clever bunny you!

Angelnorth said...

These look great, love the soft colours of the first one!

salamanda said...

Felting is fab - especially the second piece

ScrappnBee said...

OOhhhh! That looks so cool!. I have never wet felted before. It looks really neat! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda #21

okienurse said...

gorgeous pieces of felting and I love the colors! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great week! Vickie #67

Shoshi said...

I love felt! I've never made it yet - it's one of those things "on the back burner" to try one day! Yours is really lovely. Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #62

serendipity said...

Beautiful card, the image of the fisherman is great, that's just the sort of thing I would have liked to have done if only I could draw. Loving your story and how you are writing a narrative around the cards.
J