Tuesday 21 June 2011

WOYWW this week?

This is my desk for this week, not much different from any other week apart from what I am working on at the moment, which is a book which is going to have pockets for tags with quotes on (I think if I don't change my mind).

Also for the last week I have done quite a lot of knitting!

When I went to our local carboot a couple of weeks ago I found some wool the lovely lady almost pleaded with me to buy it, 'You can have the whole lot of £1' she said. There was 2 carrier bags crammed full, well I didn't really want all that but I thought 'Oh what the heck' and payed her a quid. This was on the Sunday by Thursday I had finished the above throw and made 3 cushions! I think I have caught the knitting bug!

I still have loads more wool and I am just finishing another cushion for the swing chair in the garden.

So whats on your desk this week and what else have you been up to?

If you want to share some more desks click HERE and you will wizz over to Julias the home of WOYWW!!!

Thanks for looking!


12 comments:

Neil said...

That looks like some serious knitting there! Don't you just love car boot sales; I think they are amazing places to go, problem is finding time to finish and alter what I pick up! Thanks for sharing.

alexa said...

Wow! What a lot of knitting you've done! That's going to be an amazing treasure for just £1!

Bubbles said...

That knitting looks gorgeous! Love the colours - and what an amazing bargain!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got a bargain with the wool and I'm astonished at the rate at which you knit! Takes me weeks just to do a little dishcloth, lol!

Hugs
Brenda 81

Helen said...

Love the colours on that book - which embossing folder have you used fr the clocks?
Helen

okienurse said...

WOW talk about a great buy! Love all the yarn colors in your afghan! That is a lot of knitting you have done this week. Your desk looks like fun too. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #107

ScrappnBee said...

Wow! You have been busy! I knit a scarf once, and it took me all winter! Kudos to you! Love the project on your desk! Its colors are fabulous! Thanks for sharing this week- Amanda (scrappnbee) #41

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a bright cheerful throw. I had not thought of using my left over wool for that sort of thing. Good idea.

Sid said...

What a lot od stitches !!

Serendipity Stamping said...

I admire anyone who has the patience and focus to stay on task and finish things so quickly. I am afraid I lack both. I have a low thresh of boredom I guess. #101

Tertia said...

What a lovely throw you have knitted. I should get out the knitting and start on the grandvhildren's jerseys before they freeze to death this winter.
Happy belated WOYWW

Morti said...

Wow, that's a lot of knitting! Nice work on your desk - I've had a look at the piece your working on in a later post, and the colours are fab! Also love the doors page - the last CJ I worked on had a pair of doors to use and I loved them!