This piece just grew from the frame, I had wanted to do something with this frame for a while and yesterday I got it out and gessoed it while I was waiting for it to dry I sort of tidied my desk a bit as you do and I found the piece of glass which is now her head (it is the front of a spotlight bulb which fell off when it blew).
Her face is part of a collage stamp (the same one which is stamped on the frame) which I stamped onto paper using black Archival and attached to the glass with Matt medium making sure there was no air bubbles.
Next I stamped the frame and blasted it with a heat gun and applied distress crackle in rock candy and left to dry.
While waiting I made a collage for the inner panel of the frame from the left over bits when I stamped the face. This I adhered when the crackle paint was dry, I applied a coat of vintage photo distress to the frame to allow the crackle to show through.
Next I cut out 5 butterflies from some TH Kraft resist paper (does anyone else have trouble cutting up paper? I am really glad there are 3 of each sheet in this book, makes it sooo much easier to cut one up!!) These were coloured with distress stains in various colours, some I added some spritzed on perfect pearls (blue).
The largest was attached to the face and the smallest to the inner frame using some acetate. The other 3 I attached to some wire I had added to the candle stick (which was painted with gesso and some tissue tape added around the middle. The flowers are a die cut from Sizzix made from scrap paper.
Everything was attached with Pinflair glue.
The background of this tag is a piece of TH crowded attic paper (the one with the paper pattern on it) the model is Tims stamp, I coloured it with disress ink.
The 'buttons' are a piece of embossed paper I have had for years (and haven't been able to cut into it before now) they look so real!
This tag isn't really finished yet it was just an experiment to see if you could use othe ink pads instead of Stayzon as I only have a black one. I think it is called the bandana technique. I used Adirondack ink pads (they look more vibrant in real life) and cut and dry foam.
Iwas quite pleased with the result cos now I don't need to buy more ink pads!
Well thats it for now, I do have lots more to show but my camera needs new batteries and of course none of the rechagable batteries are charged!
Thanks for looking.