Wednesday 2 February 2011

WOYWW 87

Just a few things on my desk this week! A bit of mess and some backgrounds. I have really been in to making background this last week!
A bit of a closer look.

An almost finished tag, (just needs a few ribbons and a hole punched in the top).


This is the rest of the background from the tag above. I was inspired by this months Craft Stamper, Mixed Media Masterboard by Rachel Jackson (pg 74) to make a background on water colour paper!
This piece is going to be the background for this weeks Journal challenge on UK Stampers. I will blog later, when it is finished!

Another one inspired by Dyan Reavely (but this time I used stamps spritzed with water to stamp with instead of stencils) The white journey and the feathery bits are stamped with white ink.

This one is all stamped with water and water spritzed through sequin waste.
If you want to see more desks or join in go over to see Julia on her wonderful blog!





20 comments:

Fiona said...

that background looks gorgeous - is that a Cherry Pie stamp I see?

Zue said...

Your backgrounds look fantastic and they are so useful. Rachel's work is very inspiring and she explains it all so well.
I really miss her blog.
Sue xx 66

Annie said...

Love your backgrounds and what you do with them :-)
A x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

those backgrounds look lovely

Unknown said...

gorjuss backgrounds there hun

thanks for the snoop
hugs
judie 58

Glenda said...

How wonderful! Very creative...great space; thanks for sharing!

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous journal above, great desk - love your desk units and little box of storage, great workspace, happy woyww, thank you for sharing (#9)

shazsilverwolf said...

Great tag, love the backgrounds. I have times when I make loads, keep me going for ages. Happy WOYWW, TFS.

Andria said...

happy woyww, thanks for sharing :)
crafty hugs - Andria (42).

Sue said...

Hi ya
gorgeous tag, fab back ground papers, luv the colours,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (36)

Anonymous said...

Making backgrounds is my favourite pastime! They look great Lynn! x

LuLu said...

Howdy and happy WOYWW,
Nice backgrounds! Thanks for sharing.

Would love for you to stop by my blog when you have a moment or 2.

Peace,
LuLu
http://lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/2011/02/woyww-2211-laminatin-heaven-inside.html

okienurse said...

WOW lots of gorgeous backgrounds there. I think that is such a smart way to go about it. Get inky all at once then you can decorate without being covered in ink. Thanks for sharing.
Vickie #80

katemade designs said...

great tag lovely backgrounds

Anonymous said...

Love home made backgrounds, I've had a go a few times, lots of fun. Love your altered bought papers too in the earlier post, amazing how they started out and how they ended up!

Hugs
Brenda 91

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh how fab your desk looks..al creative and lovely. Am late enough to see how the journal page came out and it is wonderful, the background colour really comes alive with other stuff on it. How do you know when it's done though? When to stop?!!

Unknown said...

I spy with my big eye some kewl stuff. I am typing this somewhere over Ohio as I am on my way home from CHA.
Happy WOYWW
Carol

Mrs A. said...

Love the dreamy colours on your tags. Trid to leave a comment last night but the system wouldn't let me so back for second try.
Hugs Mrs A. #82

Marjo said...

Wonderful looking backgrounds. Creative workspace. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo lucky #1

Elizabeth said...

The backgrounds are just gorgeous and so many fab ideas for me to try. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth x #96